Frozen Hill Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist]

2 posters

Go down

Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist] Empty Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist]

Post by pbood2 Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:50 am

Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist] H7HMad7

I am doing a game called Pokemon Darkness which I wanted to strongly do because I have had a love of fan-games ever since Reborn, Rejuvenation and Insurgence were made. Through working on Revolution and gaining development experience, it made me a much better person and I learned a lot through that experience and game’s development. What makes my game great and the reason you should join Darkness is because it combines the two different playstyles and worlds of Mystery Dungeon games and usual Pokemon gameplay into one giving players a wide variety to experience throughout the game. I have completed the episode 1 story for the most part, thought of the general plot, worlds, characters, have bios for characters in episode 1 for the game, etc and I have come to the point where I would need a motivated and patient team to help me make the game the best it can be. Just as an addition, I would like to let all potential applicants know that they will always be able to give their feedback/opinions on everything within the project and will be vital to making the game the best possible. I might have most of episode 1’s story done but if the new team has criticisms and suggestions for improvements, I’m willing to take them into thought when doing the story for example. I will make sure to keep a positive environment for the team as much as possible and to be communicative and supportive of what the team does.

Features:
- Level caps
- 2 different evil teams in the game
- 12 badges and Elite Six
- Personalized TMs as in each gym leader will have their own TMs
- Different movesets, typings and stats as necessary for Pokemon who need them or deserve them - example: Luxray is electric mono but it should have been dark too.
- Multiple Difficulties (Normal and Hard)
- Different types of Pokemon exclusive to Pokemon Darkness - Darkened and Delta Pokemon like Deltas from the TCG
- Characters seen in the game will be in side plots (side plots for episode 1 are known)
- Sidequests present in the two worlds of the game and as the player progresses through the game and pathways for storyline are present
- Different ways to evolve Pokemon will be implemented - special circumstances such as the partner gotten from MD evolves at set points in the game

Plot: Pokemon Darkness takes place in 2 worlds which are very different from each other but that will be connected through something happening in the MD world which opens the connection with Gaia (the human world). Throughout Darkness, the player will battle the rising threat in both worlds and will see different sides to the evil organization and the two worlds they will explore.

Elements of Darkness that separate it from other fan-games out there include that the game will have an interesting and attention grabbing plot that players would love to experience through playing the game. I am not afraid to deviate from the Pokemon formula if I feel it’s necessary such as having 12 leaders (instead of 8 or 18) and Elite Six instead of the usual 4. Another attribute that makes my game great is that not only will you see and experience characters in the game but at the end of current plots, you will be able to experience what they have in what I call side plots and I haven’t seen another fan-game yet with this feature.

What We Need:
Currently, Pokemon Darkness is looking for an experienced GFX artist for making cutscenes and support banners for Pokemon Darkness. If you are interested, please contact me, Micky or JakeLong through PM or by posting on this thread and we appreciate all the help we can get. Thanks.

Screenshots: (More will be added as progress is made and every 2 weeks on Saturdays)
Spoiler:

Music

BEING WORKED ON CURRENTLY SO PLEASE BE PATIENT. Smile

Thanks for your interest and checking this out and have a great day/night.

P.S. I would just like to thank my good friends Trevo, Commander, Jacobliterator, Amethyst, Arkhidon, Micky33000000 and the Se7en team for helping make this thread the best it can be and I greatly appreciated all their help for this game so far. If I have forgotten anyone who helped, I'm sorry and know your help was also appreciated.

Pokemon Darkness NOW HAS A TWITTER which you can follow for game development and updates and some of the team will be tweeting along with me over time. We hope you are hyped as we work on this because we promise it will be amazing.

The Twitter is [twitter]@PokemonXDrkness[/twitter] if you're interested in seeing the twitter.

UPDATE: Twitter in inactive until further game development progress is made.

From now on, Pokemon Darkness as suggested by Trevore will be doing a Corocoro leak kind of thing but every two weeks on Saturday, I will show more aspects of Darkness. One hint coming in the next leak is the layout for the game's releases. I hope you're excited for everything to come.

Progress:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Maruno for Pokemon Essentials
Enterbrain for RPG Maker XP
Pokemon for the resources and intellectual property
My team for helping my goal of making a game a reality - including moral supporters, spriters, composers, mapper, coders, etc

Last edited by pbood2 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : A friend hopefully fixed the images so they work and show properly :))
pbood2
pbood2

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist] Empty Re: Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist]

Post by Case of the Mondays Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:54 am

So, I got your message asking me to check out this game. And honestly, I find it in extremely bad taste for a moderator to message users asking them to provide feedback on their game. You're a moderator here - you've got far more important things to deal with.

That aside, yes, I've already looked through this thread previously. And if you absolutely want my honest opinion that badly, then I'll be completely truthful - there's nothing here that grabbed my attention. In fact, there was quite a bit that drove me away.

You keep talking as if your game is already great - it's not. You don't have a game yet, just a bunch of sprites and images. There's so little to judge it how on great it is. And even if you did have a game out, it's not up for you to decide how great it is - that's up to those who play it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about being confident, but this is arrogance.

You keep taking about why your game is so great - but you haven't shown it yet.

And the reasons why you say it's great and stands out are the generic answers that I've seen many other games say that they'll have:

Elements of Darkness that separate it from other fan-games out there include that the game will have an interesting and attention grabbing plot that players would love to experience through playing the game.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that. A lot of games say that they stand out because of an interesting story and plot. You're just making an assumption there. And a very biased one at that.

I am not afraid to deviate from the Pokemon formula if I feel it’s necessary such as having 12 leaders (instead of 8 or 18) and Elite Six instead of the usual 4.

That's not much of a deviation - that's the same thing but with different numbers. And as someone who's growing increasingly tired of the generic 'eight gyms and elite four' plots, adding more to them doesn't earn any points from me.

Another attribute that makes my game great is that not only will you see and experience characters in the game but at the end of current plots, you will be able to experience what they have in what I call side plots and I haven’t seen another fan-game yet with this feature.

That's just an over-glorified sidequest, which dozens upon dozens of other games have. In fact, I don't think I've seen a fan-game announced recently that didn't have them.

And that's pretty much my thoughts around this game. I didn't want to sound mean or harsh, so I didn't posts them initially. But since you were eager enough to message me and ask for my opinions - there they are.
Case of the Mondays
Case of the Mondays

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist] Empty Re: Pokemon Darkness [Recruiting GFX Artist]

Post by pbood2 Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:17 am

Case of the Mondays wrote:So, I got your message asking me to check out this game. And honestly, I find it in extremely bad taste for a moderator to message users asking them to provide feedback on their game. You're a moderator here - you've got far more important things to deal with.

If I had to moderate something currently, you would have a point but currently it's not very busy. Yes, I thought it would be okay to PM you for your thoughts and just to see if you checked out Darkness yet. I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way, I didn't do mean to cause that.

That aside, yes, I've already looked through this thread previously. And if you absolutely want my honest opinion that badly, then I'll be completely truthful - there's nothing here that grabbed my attention. In fact, there was quite a bit that drove me away.

Yes, I want your honest opinion and so for the rest of this, I appreciate it. That's totally fine if you were driven away instead and I'll address the rest of what you said below.

You keep talking as if your game is already great - it's not. You don't have a game yet, just a bunch of sprites and images. There's so little to judge it how on great it is. And even if you did have a game out, it's not up for you to decide how great it is - that's up to those who play it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about being confident, but this is arrogance.

I at no point ever said my game was already great. I mentioned what would separate us and yeah we don't have a concrete game currently but we are in the process of that happening but you can kind of get a sense of the quality based on the sprites and the images being done so far. Again, I never said it was a great game to start with and I know the players have to be the ones to say "wow this is a great game because of x,y and z." I will say I am confident in my current game and that it can be great but right now it's now and I'll admit that but as progress happens, it will come together. Smile

You keep taking about why your game is so great - but you haven't shown it yet.

Absolutely and like I said above, I plan to trust me when I say that.

And the reasons why you say it's great and stands out are the generic answers that I've seen many other games say that they'll have:

Elements of Darkness that separate it from other fan-games out there include that the game will have an interesting and attention grabbing plot that players would love to experience through playing the game.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that. A lot of games say that they stand out because of an interesting story and plot. You're just making an assumption there. And a very biased one at that.

I don't just say things. I WILL have an interesting story and plot before I choose to release episodes and you can bet your nickel on it. If you don't believe it now that's totally fine with me and I'll just have to show you in the future.

I am not afraid to deviate from the Pokemon formula if I feel it’s necessary such as having 12 leaders (instead of 8 or 18) and Elite Six instead of the usual 4.

That's not much of a deviation - that's the same thing but with different numbers. And as someone who's growing increasingly tired of the generic 'eight gyms and elite four' plots, adding more to them doesn't earn any points from me.

Unlike other games, there will be lots of endgame plot between the battles of the Elite 6 so it's not just your usual gauntlet of elite battles. If you're tired of the formula, that's fine but people say you shouldn't deviate from the formula too much so I didn't.

Another attribute that makes my game great is that not only will you see and experience characters in the game but at the end of current plots, you will be able to experience what they have in what I call side plots and I haven’t seen another fan-game yet with this feature.

That's just an over-glorified sidequest, which dozens upon dozens of other games have. In fact, I don't think I've seen a fan-game announced recently that didn't have them.

It's not just a sidequest but again I guess I'll just have to show and prove it to you.

And that's pretty much my thoughts around this game. I didn't want to sound mean or harsh, so I didn't posts them initially. But since you were eager enough to message me and ask for my opinions - there they are.

No you weren't harsh and I appreciate the feedback absolutely.

Hope you will consider playing it despite your reservations in the future and maybe I can prove what I said above and change your mind.

Have a great day/night. Very Happy
pbood2
pbood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down